Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fishy Fish Entry #16



Well today I was in a cleaning frenzy. I did an all over cleaning of my betta tank. No matter how many water changes I do, it seems the green algae always comes back. The rocks are fine, Gary the snail and his/her babies are doing a good job on the gravel... but now the walls are spotted with green algae.

So I did a water change, vaccumed the gravel a little, and wiped down the walls. I'm mad because I noticed in my pics I missed a few spots... but its definately a lot cleaner.







Genesis is happy









I'm also doing better in my main tank that was infested with Ich (Ick). However, after 2 weeks of treatment, (Salt/heat therapy and occassional gravel vaccums) it seems to be under control. No one is spotted, no one seems to be any worse for wear... in fact, they seem to be much happier with the addition of new silk plants to hide in. They also like sneaking around the Japanese pagoda.













(Ein always seems to want to hang out with the 6 pack more than with Spike and Jet, my other two black neons.)

Because they're doing so well, tonight I turned the temp down from 87 to 85 and added a half gallon of new water. If they do well, I'll turn the temp down to 83 in the morning, and add a little more water, and by probably Sunday or Monday, have the tank back to normal.

I am almost done with my new tank. I added a cichlid cave for them to hide in... and I'll probably get a few more plants. Water levels are still excellent. 7.4pH, 0 Nitrites, Nitrates and Ammonia... so its looking good. I was thinking I'd be able to get my Rams tomorrow, but I was told they will probably most likely not be in yet. the breeder was unsure if he'd make it this way by tomorrow. So I may have to wait a bit longer.



I still have to get a background. No where around here sells them. I may have to order one from Drs foster and smith.




No comments:

Post a Comment