Monday, February 1, 2010

Fishy Fish Entry #15



things are still going good in the ick tank. I think the addition of the extra plants have helped calm them. They seem more relax and happy with the additional hiding places. Less stress = happy, ick free fish. I think I'll start lowering the temp on Friday.

my 30 gallon is almost ready for fish. Water levels looking good, water clear, temp is optimal... just waiting on a new hood. I bought a new hood because the one that came with the tank was broken, only they ordered me a hood for a 30 gallon long, not a 30 gallon tall, so the hood doesn't fit. *Sigh*

but I'm still happy. The tank was a mess when I started setting it up. it was used as a saltwater tank, and it sat in a garage for a very long time collecting dust. Lets just say, cycling a tank takes less time than it took to clean the tank... but I think I did an okay job. I'm going to be getting Bolivian Rams for it.

Nothing specatcular yet. I need to add a decorative flower pot for the Bolivian Ram Cichlid to use as a cave... maybe an extra plant or two... and I need to get a decorative backdrop...

all in all though, it came out pretty good IMHO. ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment