Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fishy Fish Entry #12



Checked Fishies today.

Genesis and Gary the snail are doing great! I'm so happy. I wish I could get a good picture of Genesis but he's not very cooperative lately. He likes to chase the flash, so when the flash turns on, he swims after it and his pic gets blurred.

but as you can tell... his colors are still bright and amazing. he's a healthy eater too. Even the baby snails I left in the tank seem to be doing well.

So I'm happy about my Betta tank.

My main tank is doing great now too!

When I woke them up today, everyone was spottless and swimming happily... including the whiptail who was the worst off... not a spot on Umi at all. I'm going to let them be today... do a gravel vaccum tomorrow (I was going to do one today... but I just did one about 2 days ago, and I'd hate to disturb them on the first day they are ick free.)

But I'll do a gravel vaccum tomorrow... start doing consistant vaccums every other day, and slowly wean them off the salt. I don't think I'm going to remove all of the salt since they all seem to do well on it, and it's a good preventative for illness... but I won't keep them on nearly the same dosage.

I'm going to keep the heat therapy going at least until the middle of next week though, just to make sure the ick has been killed and I've vaccumed up all the spores.

I'm just very happy that... knock on wood... it seems ALL of my fish are pulling through. I think feeding them tubiflex worms and bloodworms has also helped. I heard protien helps them fight infection.




No comments:

Post a Comment