Friday, January 15, 2010

Fishy Fish Entry #3



I just did the cleaning for my betta tank. I took out the live plants.. it was just getting to be too much. Genesis would get tangled in the grass and as he pulled free he'd pull free the roots... the other plant he'd pick at and they had bite marks all over it. The other one was infested with baby snails.

So I got some temporary silk plants. (I have nice ones on order.) Then I did a partial water change, washed down the filter cartridge to get it a little cleaner, and replaced the water. Waited a half hour for all to settle, then tested the water levels to make sure it was good. So far so good, I'll test it again in the morning.

the only problem is that it was a bit too clean. For the first time that I've ever noticed he's paying attention to his reflection.

So I took the larger of the two plants and placed the side where he seems to be seeing himself the most, he still saw his reflection above the plants... but he wasn't nearly as angry looking.

As soon as the new plants come in, I'll place the largest ones by the sides where he sees his reflection the most to keep him from stressing. That or let my tank get dirty again. lol

Gary the snail is at least enjoying it. It's clean, but there is still enough on the floor to eat.



I moved as many baby snails as I could find to a new tank where I hope I can raise them. It's a small tank so I can't add a heater to it, but I turned the air pump off since aeration can make the water colder. So hopefully it will at least get to room temperature... which Gary the Snail seems to be doing good at.






No comments:

Post a Comment