Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fishy Fish Entry #8



Well, MOST of my fish are doing well on the 87 degrees/salt treatment for Ich (ick)...

The ones who had spots are pretty much cured. I only have two lingerers... (click on the pictures to enlarge them)

Naruto was among the first to show signs of Ick... he was covered in them. as you can see, he's almost clean... but there are at least two visible spots left. Problem is... I don't know if it's a reoccurance or if it's just lingering spots.

My young longnose whiptail Umi was the very last to get ick. She's not nearly as bad as she was... but as you can see, she's still covered in spots.

I'm at wits end about what to do. I slowly raised the temp to 87 as recommended, I added the proper amount of salt... I've done gravel vaccums to pick up loose spores once every few days... So I guess I'll have to use a medication to try and get rid of the ick. I won't use coppersafe cause not only have I had a bad experience, I've heard bad things about it... I'll try rid-ick or quick cure. I just hope I can pull it off.




No comments:

Post a Comment